Thursday, April 23, 2009

Untitled


Wired loves to come up with cool ways of graphically representing data and relationships. I usually like them. But this "Enigmatrix" is bizarre. 
  1. Game theory and Math are unconnected. Huh? Game theory is math. What do you think John Nash was scribbling on all those windows?
  2. Dungeons & Dragons does not connect to Plot, but Magic: The Gathering does. WTF is the plot of Magic: The Gathering? It's a money-sink that increases your social seclusion in junior high. What's the plot of Dungeons & Dragons? Ask my elven fighter-mage on a quest to restore his homeland.
  3. The Magic node connects to the Code node. I don't know anything about writing code or magic tricks, but I use Windows -- nothing magical about it.
  4. Jeopardy is in a connecting chain to Plot with Propaganda. Alex Trebek -- the Joseph Goebbels of game shows.
  5. Settlers of Cataan is not the central node.
I'm sure if I could identify more of the links on this chart, I'd find more problems.

Posted via email from Aught he has to know it with.

No comments: