Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A birthday; an anniversary

11/4/2020

Dear Grandma,

Thanks for sending me this beautiful scarf. It looks great on me! Such a wonderful way to celebrate my 15th birthday. Goodness knows when I'll wear it, since it never gets that cold anymore, lol. Oh well. Maybe I will wrap little Anna in it once she arrives in just a few weeks. I'm sure you've seen the pictures by now -- I'm huge! I mean, wow. I didn't know you could even get this pregnant. But here I am.

High school's going well. Me and the other "special" girls are enjoying classes. Sometimes we joke around and call ourselves twofers -- get it? Two for the price of one? "You get to date this beauty, but wait, that's not all! You can hang out with her baby, too!" Mom says I shouldn't joke like that, but I think it's funny. Honestly, I don't know how women dealt with this pregnancy thing back when you were growing up. What would I do without my other pregnant friends, or all of those helpful articles on teen pregnancy in Seventeen magazine ...?

But I guess you didn't have to worry about it as much. Since you had contraception and all. That reminds me grandma -- I'd really love for you to tell me the story of the 2008 election again. It's just so inspiring the way you didn't vote for Barack Obama. You stuck to your guns and sat on your hands! That primary was totally stolen from Hillary. O-bama? More like O-verrated. I can't wait to tell Anna how brave you were.

I just wish the story had a happier ending, you know? I just wish I had some of the things you did when you were my age. Like the pill. And choice. And not the 7-2 conservative majority in the Supreme Court! :P Anyway. Just wanted to write to say thanks for the scarf, and for the legacy. Can you believe you're going to be a great grandmother already??

Love, ...

No comments: